Sunday, January 8, 2012

Gate in the Woods

I have passed by this spot several times and yesterday I finally stopped and took a picture.  This spot has had an appeal to me and now at the beginning of a new year the pull to it was even more so.  It is located on the Kenosha bike trail.  The Kenosha bike trail is a nice ride. It is on the site of an old railroad track. It use to be limestone based and they recently black topped it making the journey a smooth ride.   It traverses passed a few subdivisions, farm fields and woods making for a fairly interesting ride.  The opened gate draws me in.  To get to the gate you have to walk on a couple of logs over a gulley.  There doesn't appear to be anything on the other side of the gate except woods.  This must be someone's property.  Is there a house around the bend on the other side of the woods that I can't see?  What would I find if I crossed over the gulley and passed through the gate that stands open, almost inviting me to come and see.  It is like a new year.  There are new days ahead.  What adventures lie around the corner?  What new things will I find to photograph?  What lies inside the open gate?  Walk in and embrace a new life journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment