Sunday, August 19, 2012

Silhouettes



       It was a beautiful afternoon for a bike ride.  We went to Illinois Beach State Park as we often do.  We took a short break and I went down a little hill to the Lake.  When I turned around and looked up I saw our bikes against the ski.  I asked my husband to move next to the bikes with the dog.  I took a few shots to get Sebastian looking in the right direction. 
        I liked how it turned out and I wanted to use it for a new cover shot on Facebook, but the shot was too narrow.  In Photoshot Elements 9 I used the recompose tool, highlighted the center in green to keep it as is and hightlighted the sides in red saying I didn't care if that changed.  I was then able to stretch the photo to become a panoramic.  It worked great and I was able to put this shot as my new cover photo.  (I also had to put it on my husband's page because he liked it too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment