Saturday, June 15, 2013

Remembering Dad

With it being Father's Day tomorrow, I thought it would be a good idea to post some pictures I have been working on.  When I was little, stereo cameras were a big thing and my parents took a lot of pictures of us.  The only way we have to view them is with a handheld viewer.  They are cool to look at, but the bulbs in the viewer keep blowing out.  What I wanted to do was make digital copies of them to save them as the slide mounts are old and getting fragile.  However, being stereo slides, they will not fit into my slide scanner and sending them out would cost a fortune and I am not sure what shape or order they would be in when I got them back.  So the idea I came up with was to mount my camera with a macro lens attached on an old copy stand I had which would point straight down at any picture I wanted to take an image of.  I then put the slides on a little light box to illuminate them.  It took some time, but I got digital pictures of all the slides.  I could then fix them up in Photoshop Elements.  My brother got involved in helping on this part of it.  I think they turned out quite well and now I can share the pictures with the rest of the family for a keepsake.




No comments:

Post a Comment