Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sesame Street




When I was young, my name was spelled Sherry with a “y.” When I became a bit older I wanted to change the spelling and hence Sheri with an “I.” Now that I am into photography, I want to be Sheri with an “eye.” That is what photography is all about, “seeing.” It is taking the time to observe the world around us. With that I would like to share a couple of pictures and their story that my sister Caryn sent to me the other day….


When I came out of work today, I saw that the pond was covered with geese, so I had to take a picture.



Then the old song from Sesame Street started going through my head
"One of these things is not like the other.
One of these things just doesn't belong.
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?"




I guess every family has that weird Uncle.
Have a good day!
Caryn

I love it. She saw all the geese and decided to take a picture. Then she “saw” that something was a little different than just a bunch of geese. Yes, that is a Great Blue Heron in amongst all the geese. Not only that, but she connected that with a memory of the past, Sesame Street. That is what I think is the fun of photography. It is taking the time out to take a closer look at and enjoy the world around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment