Saturday, October 29, 2011

Different and unusual camera techniques

I was setting up my camera to take some fall color shots. I didn't have the ball head on my tripod quite tight enough. I hit the remote trigger as my camera slowly drifted downwards. Oh dear! But I kind of like the effect- a watercolor, Monet impressionist look. It reminded me of the photo books I have read by Freeman Patterson like "Photography and the The Art of Seeing." He encourages experimenting with different techniques.





So when I was out a few days later, I tried his technique of rapidly zooming in my 18-200mm zoom lens on a tree scene while using a long shutter speed It gave these streaks of light and slight warped look as seen on the right. I also pointed my camera down and tried it on the leaf strewn path of the woods. I really liked this one as the 18mm end gave the entire leaf background and the 200mm end showed a couple of the leaves stacked on top of the scene.






No comments:

Post a Comment