Monday, December 5, 2011

Quiltlike

Occassionally I enter a special category competition. This is fun because it makes you concentrate on a certain subject or experiment with a different technique. One month the subject was "Quiltlike." Here are the images I came up with.
First I started with a picture of cactus blooms and put them in the 4 corners. Then I cut out a diamond shape of a monarch and put it around on top of the flowers.
In the second picture I took a waterfall picture and experimented with placement in the square using eight sections and flipping the waterfall around until I liked the arrangement.
The third picture I took a rose image and did a "Fresco" technique to it and put it in the four quadrants and then did a circle cutout of the center and placed it in the middle.
The final picture I took a single oakleaf and stacked in on top of itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment