Thursday, August 24, 2017

Serenity



There is a painting at our local Culvers that I have always liked.  It is a picture of a large faded red barn with pasture and sheep walking toward the barn.  To me it is such a peaceful scene.  The picture here I took in Iceland has become one of my favorites and I realize it is because the scene reminds me of the painting at Culvers.  It is quite different but I see the sheep walking down the road and I remember that this was a rather quiet section of the highway, not much traffic at all.  I see the fields in the background and the barn which is quite small in my photo but it still reminds me of home for the sheep.  Then you have the mountains and the waterfall in the background.  What more could I have asked for.  Oh yeah, Jerry Hug you will be happy to know I took this photo with my iPhone (not my Canon DSLR) out the car window to quickly catch the shot before the sheep had a chance to move on. As Jerry would say, "The best camera is the one you have with you."

No comments:

Post a Comment