Monday, August 7, 2017

Yard Work

Working at home makes it easy to go outside when you can just look out your window and see that things look calm.  How many times have I gone to the prairie a few miles from me and found that it was not like at home, but quite windy and so almost impossible to photography the moving flowers.  You can also keep a close eye on what condition the flowers are in without travelling far.  It gives me a good chance to practice my macro photography on the spur of the moment and more often than if I had to pack up all my gear and take a ride. This was a week of lilies and roses.  I like the long stamens on lilies.  In the first picture I tried to accent the stamens against the lighter color of the flower.






With the Michigan Lily, I liked how the petals curved around the back of the flower and so I took this shot from a different angle to show that. It is always a good idea to look around your subject and take pictures from different angles.















Working at home makes it easy to run for supplies.
For this white rose picture I ran to the garage and got a blue piece of plastic to put behind the rose to make it stand out more than the light tan storage shed that was behind it.
















This pink rose attracted me because of the petal near the center that circled around the stamens in the middle.  When looking for subjects, look for something that is a little different than the normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment