Friday, May 30, 2014

The Story of the Robins

      One day my brother heard a knocking at the door.  He went to check who was there and there was no one.  He went back to what he was doing and heard the knocking again.  Going back to check, he still found nothing.  The sound came once more and this time he realized it wasn't at the door but at the living room window.  When he went to check, he saw a bird fly away.  So that was the culprit.  Each time he left the window, the knocking would return.  He would try to scare the bird off, but it would fly into the bushes and return to its tapping when he left the window.  How was he going to stop that incessant noise?  He decided to put a scarecrow in the window.
     That seemed to do the trick.  A while later, whenever he would walk outside via the garage door, he was dive bombed by a couple of birds.  What was going on?  He soon found out that there was a nest with little blue eggs on the engine of the tractor in the back yard.  It was a perfect spot, protected from the wind and the rain by the tractor hood. 
 

A few weeks later the eggs hatched.  My brother told me about the nest and I was able to take pictures of the four little ones.
 

 


I also decided I needed to take a picture of the tractor to remember the event.  It wasn't until after I looked at the pictures at home, that I realized I had captured one of the parents on the top of the back hoe with a worm in its mouth.  Now that's a story.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment